Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In loving memory of my Aunt Allison

Jane Allison Cheney

Jane Allison Cheney 1950 ~ 2008 Jane Allison Cheney passed away peacefully on Mon., July 14, 2008. She was born April 12, 1950 to Barbara Wentworth Cheney and Arch Allen Cheney in Salt Lake City, Utah. She was dearly loved by her family and friends. Allison taught us how to love unconditionally and appreciate the simple things in life. She lived close to the spirit and knew she was a child of God. She loved Christmas, singing primary songs and her Diet Coke. She collected purses, notebooks and pens; dollar bills were her favorite gift. She will be greatly missed by her dear, life long friends who are part of her group home. Her family wishes to express heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to the many caregivers who have rendered countless hours of service on her behalf. She is survived by her mother, sisters, Karen (Douglas) Owen and Calleen (Larry) Precourt, brother, Arch Cheney, sister-in-law, Geri Aposhian-Gibbs, and six nieces, four nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. She was preceded in death by her father. A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m., Friday, July 18, 2008 at Neil O'Donnell Neil and Sons Mortuary, 372 E. 100 S., in Salt Lake City. Interment Mount Olivet Cemetery, 1342 E. 1300 S.
Published in the Salt Lake Tribune on 7/16/2008


Allison was an amazing person and I feel so blessed to have had her in my life. I am grateful for the time I spent with her and for all the things she taught me. She always made me realize what was important in life. She was the most loving person I knew. She always made you feel like you were so special. I will always hear her sweet voice in my head "my Megan". I love you Allison.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. May she rest in peace.

Ruth Anne said...

She sounds like a fun, great person. I am sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with us. I sure she will be missed. Our sincere sympathy to you and your family. Love, Rae and Dave